CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts two terms for Class 10 examinations. Term 1 covers approximately 50% of the syllabus, while Term 2 covers the remaining portion. This article will focus on the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 syllabus, outlining the subjects and topics that students need to prepare for their examinations.
Subjects and Topics in CBSE Class 10 Term 2
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 comprises various subjects, including English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and additional elective subjects. Let’s explore the syllabus of each subject in detail.
The English syllabus for CBSE Class 10 Term 2 covers the following areas:
- Reading Section: Comprehension passages, note-making, and summary writing.
- Writing Section: Formal and informal letters, articles, reports, stories, and descriptive writing.
- Grammar: Tenses, modals, clauses, determiners, voice, subject-verb agreement, etc.
- Literature: Poetry, prose, and supplementary reading texts.
In CBSE Class 10 Term 2, the Mathematics syllabus includes the following topics:
- Algebra: Linear equations in two variables, polynomials, quadratic equations, arithmetic progressions, etc.
- Geometry: Triangles, circles, constructions, theorems, coordinate geometry, etc.
- Trigonometry: Introduction to trigonometry, trigonometric identities, heights and distances.
- Mensuration: Areas related to circles, surface areas and volumes of various shapes.
- Statistics and Probability: Data handling, statistics, and probability concepts.
The Science syllabus in CBSE Class 10 Term 2 covers the following areas:
- Physics: Electricity, magnetic effects of electric current, sources of energy.
- Chemistry: Chemical reactions and equations, acids, bases and salts, metals and non-metals.
- Biology: Life processes, control and coordination, heredity and evolution, reproduction.
- Practical Work: Experiments and activities related to the above topics.
Social Science Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Social Science syllabus includes the following subjects:
- History: Nationalism in India, the rise of nationalism in Europe, the making of a global world.
- Geography: Resources and development, water resources, agriculture, minerals, and energy resources.
- Political Science: Power-sharing, federalism, democracy and diversity, gender, religion, and caste.
- Economics: Development, sectors of the Indian economy, money and credit, globalization, consumer rights.
Other Subjects and Additional Topics
Apart from the core subjects mentioned above, CBSE Class 10 Term 2 also includes elective subjects such as:
- Information Technology (IT): Computer applications, programming, and digital literacy.
- Physical Education: Sports, games, fitness, and health education.
The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 syllabus covers a wide range of subjects and topics, providing students with a comprehensive education. It is essential for students to carefully study and understand the syllabus to excel in their examinations. By effectively managing their
time and focusing on each subject, students can perform well and achieve their academic goals in CBSE Class 10 Term 2.